I Did it!

I Did it!
Grigs,

"you keep going"

Grease

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today I decided to treat my body, I mean really give it a treat it really deserves.....



REST...



Yup, rest.




Grease and I spent time in the car driving to Dana Farber, and the ride was mostly about me and my training.

Because of our own personal individual journeys we both took on this year, we both came to realize we shared similar setbacks and limitations.


But she did give me a reality check and a reassurance of "grigs, you're not quitting!"


I know I am not quitting, but I am surrendering to the injuries so they can heal.


I reached out to Max...and he also reassured me that I'm not bowing out of LPIM, but resting the body is a critical part in the process of my training regiment.


So, it's been 2 days without a workout...am I getting the shakes? Not, anymore since I got a head bashing from my friends today.


As a matter of fact, I think I am going to go take a hot shower, grab my book and a blanket.


Please let me remember to treat myself more often.

I'd like to cross the finish line at LPIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment