I Did it!

I Did it!
Grigs,

"you keep going"

Grease

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So glad I had a 15 minute massage scheduled for today....if it wasn't for that I am not sure I would have left my desk for lunch today...still feeling crappy. And my right neck/shoulder is painful, wish it was just sore, but i may have strained it. Not the end of the world, but sucks. Those awaiting 100 push-ups still haunt me.

Once I got there I just hopped on the open TR. It would have been too easy to just sit my butt on a bike and pedal into no where land and bag the WOD.

But a best friend of mine, is up at Brighams in Boston going through a stem cell transplant. Did she decide to just "bag "all her massive doses of chemo to avoid painful bouts of nausea, or blow off bone marrow tests so harsh to anyone, or take pleasure in sleep less nights in the hospital? NO!

So I warmed up and did the 6x800 on the TR. Speeds were 8.8, 9.2-9.3, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5-9.6.

I was rather proud to have accomplished this as I was so close to just throwing in the towel today. So thank u Grease.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some kick ass speeds Grigs. I would probably fall off the treadmill! Keep it going and be strong! I'm routing for you!

    ReplyDelete