I Did it!

I Did it!
Grigs,

"you keep going"

Grease

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grease U rock!

Hearing from you even though you were in between bouts of nauseousness and minutes from a blood transfusion, you wanted to know how my training was going. And you think I am tough?!

WOW.....

Sometimes a call from a dear friend can be all you need to get moving, and moving with determination and a purpose. So thank you Grease.

So my plan asked of me to get on my bike...4x5k increasing effort and decreasing speed.

So I did just that.

My first 5k, I climbed at the 3 mile mark to end

2nd 5k , the climb happened at 2.80 miles to end

3rd 5k, the climb was at 2.40 miles to end

4th 5k, the climb was at 2 mile mark till end

Beach Rock, Look out!

Then my plan wanted 20 box jumps/5 push press/10 burpess with AMRAP in 15 minutes.

OK, there was no way I could bag all of this due to, ya, you know, so I did this:

20 box jumps/25 sit-ups/30 squats with AMRAP in 15 minutes.

Was able to complete 7 sets in 16:00.

Athletes can sometimes really go nuts with their workouts.

The craziest I got today was walking around with a ruler in my house, measuring anything close to 24inches that could support my box jumps. The closest I got was an old toy box in the basement that came in at 18 inches.

Let's just say after, I dug through that old toy box with smiles and bouts of laughter.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No 24 inch box jumps? Give that shoulder a shot of whiskey and call it a day. You deserve it!

    Love you!
    Bendz

    ReplyDelete