I Did it!

I Did it!
Grigs,

"you keep going"

Grease

Friday, March 26, 2010

Today I retreated to the basement for my workout of 8x400 with 3 minutes of rest.


Running with a semi-disgruntle hamstring...hum, I could have easily tip toed back upstairs for another cup of coffee.


But today my mind was determined and focused.


I needed to try.


So I got on the treadmill and ran 2 miles with a some tightness, got off and stretched, then ran another .20, got off and stretched.


I wasn't sure how to prepare my body for these 8 sprints.


So you can image the conversations I had with myself.."just do 1x400, nah, go for 4, suck it up and do the 8, hamstring willing"


So, I did the 8x400.


YES!


I was able to pull off some at 9-9.3mph.


OK, I admit I was afraid to rest the 3 minutes in fear of tightening up. So , I cut it a little short, stretch a little and punched the back of my leg to keep it loose. Any suggestions on this ? What's a better way??


I then smothered my foam roller and did some good stretching.


I think I will embrace today and deal with tomorrow's challenge tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment