I Did it!

I Did it!
Grigs,

"you keep going"

Grease

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today was a typical Saturday....

Got up early, ran out for bagels and coffee, threw laundry in for the soccer uniform that needed to be worn in 2 hours, banged out 300 squats in 7:15, then dropped off kid #1 at a friends, kid #2 & I picked up another friend for soccer, coached a soccer game, then rushed home, gobbled down lunch, left to go get kid #1 at the friends so I can get her to ice hockey practice, then hit the grocery store, then back to help kid #2 with homework, then picked up kid #1 from the rink, made kid #1 & #2 their favorite dip to bring to their friends house so I could enjoy a little "me time"..... that "me time" was going for a run.

Exhausted yet????

Well, I promise I was not trying to procrastinate this run, but I wanted to be able to do it with out the stress of the clock and having to be somewhere.

My plan called for 13.1, but due to some missed runs and my hammy, I set a goal to run 8 miles.

Well, my mind again was strong, focused and determined.

My only concern was running with a slightly tight hamstring, it must effect my running technique and throw things out of whack. My question to myself was now what kind of injury am I going to suffer next?!

I kept putting one foot in front of the other.

Well, I did it....9 miles without a stop.

I needed this confidence booster.

I hope the next time I see 13.1 on my plan, I run 13.2. Why not?!

Near the end of my run, I was actually worried to stop, that it would hurt more to stop and stretch...and yes, stretching is not relaxing.

Tomorrow, it's home made waffles and yes, an x-large coffee, and maybe the Sunday paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment