I Did it!

I Did it!
Grigs,

"you keep going"

Grease

Monday, May 31, 2010

WOW, Memorial Day Weekend.

Thanks too all those who have served, sacrificed, and continue to provide us with freedom.

Shout out to you "Ups"!

So, again the weekends I totally am exhausted to blog at night so backing up, hum, what did I do on Friday....

Friday 5/28
oh yea, I ran 400m and 50 squats for 4x.

I warmed up for a 1/2 mile, then started to crank up the speed.

This workout can be exhausting if you push it, and I did.

Was then suppose to head to work for a 40th b-day surprised but never made it.

So hopped on the bike and did the 90 minute TT. I did this knowing the weekend was jammed packed with an out of town soccer tournament.

Ya, my legs were tired, but cranked up rt 20 and went about my way. Finished up at 28:06 miles with an average speed of 17.8mph.

Saturday 29
Hit the gym real early knowing soccer games took up my next 48 hrs.

Warmed up on squats with 45lbs 5x then did 115lbs 5x

Back squats/row...so at 90lbs 21 reps/500 row/90lbs 15 reps/500 row/90lbs 9 reps/500 row

Then ran down to the pool 4x400 with 4 seconds within each other
6:32
6:23
6:23
6:23


Arms felt good....on to soccer.


Sunday 5/30
REST DAY


Monday 5/31
Open water swim at Lake Taramungus with Bendz and her crew. My kids were psyched, as they hung out on the beach and enjoyed the little minnows. As for me, I was hoping to just close my eyes, not see any fish, and make this 1.5 mile swim.


Open water swim is not an easy thing for me. I hate touching my feet on the bottom of lakes & oceans, and just fear all water life, even seaweed!


My swims always have me zigzagging all over the place, oh well.


So, Bendz, Todd, Erin, Ethan, Suzanne and myself swam to the other side of the lake and back.


Ya, it was pretty cool knowing that we all had a goal in mind and were over coming personal fears and not giving into our anxieties.


We all did it.


Great confidence booster for Rev 3 coming up next weekend.


Of course we ended the day hangin on the beach, enjoying the beautiful weather, and enjoying friends.


Thanks Bendz again for friendship.

U Rock!

1 comment: